Today’s smartphone generation gets the entire world at their fingertips, while they access the Internet and smartphone. Their virtual lives are more active than their real ones. Digital technology has changed kids’ childhood entirely. Are these technologies boon or bane for teenagers?
Moreover, every teenager desperately craves for attention and validation. And this behavior reflects even in their virtual lives. We all know that social media and smartphones profoundly affect childhood.
Let’s see how digital technology affects kids’ childhood and find out whether technology is a boon or a curse.
Pros And Cons Of Digital Technology And Its Impact On Teenagers
Like every other thing, technology also has its advantages and disadvantages. We are probably aware of how technology is a boon for us. So, let’s see the darker side of it.
How Is Technology A Bane For Kids?
At teenage, kids strive to know themselves better. They are curious and want to explore the world. And technology helps them a lot. But here are its disadvantages that every parent should know.
Excessive Screen Time
Today’s kids, especially teenagers, enjoy various digital devices like never before. Using social media platforms, games, various apps are their favorite activities.
While on one side these platforms keep kids engaged and happy, on the other, the excessive screen time affects kids’ real-life adversely. Such kids have a sedentary lifestyle that makes them obese and less active.
Increasing Cyber Crime Ratio
Another concern for parents is the increasing cybercrime ratio. The more a child stays active online the more he is prone to get trapped in any cyber scam.
Using different web-platforms extensively, posting personal details on social media sites, staying active on dubious adult dating platforms are the obvious ways that can trap a teen in any scam.
Inappropriate Content And Apps
Not all apps are child-friendly. Many online dating apps use obscene language, adult words, and in-appropriate themes. A curious teenager may explore these sites and come across the in-appropriate words.
Also, many apps support online chats with a stranger. It may excite a teen but it is very risky for him. As many pedophiles use such platforms to trap gullible kids. Parents must ensure that their kids use age-appropriate apps.
How Parental Control Apps Help Rescue Kids From Technology’s Bane?
It may sound funny, using technology to rescue kids from the technologies’ disadvantages, but it actually works! Brilliant child safety apps like Bit Guardian Parental Control can protect your kids’ virtual lives. Here is how:
- It offers various screen time control features to limit kid’s screen life. App Time Limit, Time Schedule, and Bedtime feature ensure healthy screen life.
- App Block, App Install Block, and Kiosk Mode make sure that your teen can access child-friendly apps only. It guarantees your child uses age-appropriate apps all the time.
- You can monitor your kid’s online life 24/7.
- It offers many other effective features that restrict and protect your teen’s virtual lives.
Installing and setting up the app is easy and every parent, especially working parents should use this app to keep their kids safe online.
How Technology Is A Boon For Teenagers?
Every coin has two sides. We already saw all the pitfalls of modern technology. Let’s see how technology is useful to teenagers.
- Technology connects us all. we can stay in touch with friends through WhatsApp, Facebook, etc.
- Also, technology has increased the awareness a lot. We know what is happening in the world with the help of the Internet.
- Teenagers can also use it for educational purposes. Many online sites and courses help improve knowledge.
- You can read a book online, learn how to edit a video -technology can also be used for many productive purposes.
Tips To Rescue Teens From The Darker Side Of The Technology
Apart from using a parental control app, here are a few effective tips that can help keep kids safe.
- Make Kids Use Technology For Constructive Purposes- Encourage kids to read or learn online. Introduce educational websites.
- Fix Family Time – Parents should fix a family time and the use of any device should be strictly prohibited.
- Set device rules and device-free zones in the house.
- Improve Communication With Your Child– Make their real-lives interesting by talking and supporting their views. validate their opinions, so they do not desire social media excessively.
- Be Their Digital Partner- Know your kids’ virtual interests, follow him on various social platforms. This way, you can easily monitor and protect them.
Being a parent, it is up to you to make the best use of technology, irrespective of its boon or bane. Invest your time to find out what your teens should do online, introduce them to the safe and popular dating sites. Let using digital technology be a learning experience and not just a way of escaping from the real world.