Today’s young kids are using too much internet, spoiling their routines, and enjoying the virtual world extensively. As a result, instances of online risks and potential harms are increasing rapidly among children. What is your perception of online hazards? Don’t you think this is high time to be in the driving seat of your child’s virtual journey?
You might never know when the flag of the internet turns red for your kids. So you must prepare yourself with effective cyber safety tips to guide your teens. You need to make sure that you and your children both have the protective gear on, all the time to reduce harms of the virtual world.
What Are Prevalent Digital Dangers?
Children are vulnerable to the online world more than anyone. There are a lot of things going on in the virtual world which possess a greater risk to children. Below-mentioned cyber threats are the most prevalent dangers that can put your kids in risk.
- Exposure of private information
- Scams and frauds
- Sexual predators
- Emotionally damaging content
- Data leaks
What Are Parent’s Perception On Online Hazards?
You cannot live without the Internet and so do your children. But it’s prudent to always keep checking on the internet safety for your children and have some degree of parental control over the internet.
Here are general perceptions parents have on digital dangers.
- A few parents may think the best solution for any problem is to acknowledge the problem. The issue of online risk is no different. So to protect children from any online threats, these parents try to be aware of it.
- Lenient parents give total freedom and think overseeing kids’ online life or limiting their device usage is like trespassing in their personal territory.
- However, a few proactive parents are always keen to keep kids safe through various monitoring and restricting measures. They use Bit Guardian Parental Control as kids’ digital guardian to monitor and protect their online lives. This app limits screen time and restricts your kids from excessive device usage.
What Are The Signals Of Existence Of Online Risk To Children?
How do we know if our kids are facing any digital dangers? Here are some of the red flags which cause alarming situations for parents while dealing with Internet threats and hazards.
Too Much Moodiness In Your Child’s Behaviour
If your kid suddenly starts behaving weird and becomes extremely moody there can be some reasons behind it. Observe them and identify the reasons for such behavior. Go through their internet surroundings and check if he is using it excessively or not!
You can control kid’s device usage with the App Time Limit feature of the Bit Guardian Parental Control App.
Changed Food Habits And Sleeping Routines
When using excessive internet, children often forget about their sleep cycle and food habits. All they want to do is to stick around the virtual world.
Use Time Schedule and BedTime feature Of Bit Guardian Parental Control to limit kids’ late-night screen addiction.
Having A Normalized Approach To Violence And Hatred
The most important and alarming situation for any parents regarding online hazards is the impact of hatred. If your kid finds it okay to slap someone or abuse someone, he might be highly influenced by the content he watches over the internet. You need to intervene, ASAP!
Protection From The Online Hazard Is Primary!
No. Banning the internet from your children’s device is not the correct approach to deal with online dangers. This will only create an adverse effect and it will encourage children to use it by finding alternative ways. Such ways can create only more complications.
Here we recommend a few ways to limit online risk.
- Stay aware of online hazards. You will only be protecting your children from the threat that you know for yourself in the first place.
- Be part of kids’ online life. This way you will know what he is up to and you can protect him from online risk.
- Communicate with kids and explain what is wrong and what is right. A wrong can never be right, just because many people are doing it.
- Use child monitoring apps and parental control measures.
Surfing the Internet and accessing various digital platforms are kids’ favorite activities these days. Even a thought of having hazards in the virtual world is a threat to young minds. This needs to be addressed as a priority. Remember, parental control is not a restriction but a preventive measure to keep kids safe against probable online hazards.
After all, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!