Raising a child is a fulltime job. At times parenting becomes so difficult that parents drown in the pressure and do not have any means to seek help. Positive parenting solutions of the few day-to-day life’s difficulties will relax parenting stress.
Parenting during the COVID-19 pandemic is tough. When you sit for a while to relax after finishing your office work and household chores only to notice that your kid starts behaving insanely and is crying for candies. What would you do in such a situation?
At times, there are situations where parents need a break from this 24/7 parental duty. If not, they should know at least a few positive parenting quick-fixes that allow them to loosen up a bit.
Let’s talk about a few everyday life dilemmas of the parenting world and effective parenting solutions to tackle it.
Kids’ Device Addiction – Use A Parental Control App
Devices are everywhere. Kids are more attracted to them. Parents are more concerned about their kids’ addiction to smart devices.
During these days of quarantine, you should get your kids to take online classes and make them study at home. Set a quarantine schedule for kids, that includes study routines.
Most parents make kids study during their regular school hours. But often kids break this schedule and start using devices to play games during study hours.
Kids enjoy games and social media surfing frequently. Does your kid have the same habit? Often, the answer is YES!
- Positive parenting also includes establishing strict device usage rules. Parents can set a device-free zone in the house.
- Also, use the Bit Guardian Parental Control to limit kids’ excessive screen time.
Sibling Fights- Use Assertive Affirmations
Despite giving instructions, kids often like to test our patience. Do you think your little one often misbehaves? In the case of two kids often the elder one mistreats the younger sibling.
Does your elder son kick his younger brother or sister? Or yells at him if you ask to share the toys?
This is a very common scenario when you have kids. Children will always find a reason to get angry. Improve your communication with the child and help the elder child behave decently.
Also, discuss how sharing toys and candies with his sibling is essential in any case and if needed use positive parenting affirmations that can calm him. Instead of being strict, you can use an assertive affirmation with the feeling of love.
Unhealthy Eating Habits – Use Strict Rules And Regulations
Kids often do not eat proper meals. Either they eat at the wrong time or they end up eating junk. They refrain from eating fresh fruits and healthy green vegetables. On the other hand, pizzas, chips and all the sweet desserts and soda are their favorites.
- Forcing your kids is not a good option but controlling their bad habits with proper rules is necessary.
- Discuss the health effects of junk food and unhealthy eating habits with your children.
- If necessary, set strict rules about meal timings and the amount of food he can have(especially desserts and candies).
Lying – Explain The Value Of Truth
Almost all the children lie one time or the other. And a lying kid is real trouble for parents.
- Before your kid forms the habit of lying, make him understand the value of truth.
- The best parental advice is not to scold or beat him while he lies.
- When you are determined to use positive parenting techniques use good examples and stories of truth to make kids indirectly understand the virtue of truth.
Disobedience – Explain Reasons Of Your Instructions
At times when you ask your kid to do something he straight away refuses. This is a kid’s rude or over-smart behavior according to most of the parents. But as per child psychology, by doing this he is trying to establish his importance and opinion.
- The first sign of a positive parenting solution is -it respects the child’s views and opinions.
- Talk to your child why you wanted him to do something and let him know how his decision can affect him.
- There should be a polite reason behind your instruction and your kid will understand it.
Kids are continually discovering new things as they grow up. While learning and exploring, they may develop a few behavioral problems. During this time they may face certain harsh situations.
Give your much-needed attention and apply positive parenting solutions to overcome these general issues.