As parents we want our kids to read more. There is this app that claims to have users that read over 500,000 hours. Sounds like a Godsend app? Well, the popularity of the Hooked app is growing fast and children are using it all over the world.
However, Hooked- the chat stories app is not a new app. It was launched in 2014 and using Hooked is a prevalent online current trend amongst the youth.
What Are Hooked Chat Stories?
HOOKED offers you to read stories in the chat format for free. The app falls in the category of books and that’s why parents think this app is good for children.
Every Hooked story is shown in bite-sized text chat message format. The app allows readers to write their stories and it can be further shared with friends and family. The story topics include comedy, horror, fantasy, drama, sci-fi, etc.
Just like the social media platforms, Hooked is as addictive as it sounds. After the teen dating apps, using Hooked is today’s teen’s new craze.
How Does The Hooked App Work?
The Hooked stories are presented in a way that your teens and tweens will surely find appealing. To know more about it we should first see how the app works.
- Hoot chats are free to an extent.
- Every reader can receive a certain number of free”hoots” at every 35 minutes. Also, users can purchase unlimited hoots for around 8$ a month.
- Each story has a title page photo. Users can tap on that and can start reading the story.
- Title photos feature a sensual girl or a couple in the romantic pose or a woman in a suggestive posture.
- When the reader made his choice the story unfolds one text message at a time, generally in the form of communication between a couple of people.
- Readers can tap the screen to get the new message and this tapping craze keeps on increasing to know more about the story.
- And on the most twisting plot story you will see a Hooked Owl asking you to pay money for more Hoots.
- Since Hooked is a chat story app it offers a certain amount of Hoots every hour. After using them all readers will be promoted to buy more “Hoots”.
What Parents Should Know About The Hooked App Stories?
The target audience for the Hooked app is ages 13-24 years. Parents should know everything about the app to ensure the safe digital navigation of their kids.
These are the points parents should take into consideration while their kids start using this chat stories app.
Mature Themed Stories That Are Not Child-Friendly
- The app has a search function that allows the reader to search for a particular theme. And surprisingly, readers can also get search results when they type “sex” or “romantic relations”.
- Also, the chats include X-rated language and images that include nudity.
- The photo story covers sensual poses. also, the mature theme is full of inappropriate language that is similar to soft porn.
Addictive Nature Of Hooked App Stories
- The “one post at a time” approach allows a lot of suspense and a pretty interesting read.
- Tapping on various categories and different Hoots is very captivating. The love stories, drama, and thrillers are intense at times and keep the reader hooked.
- Also, texting storytelling with visually engaging images makes the app addictive. It increases kids screen time.
Is Hooked Safe For Kids?
- Seeing its content Hookes feels more like an 18 + app. Too much adult content and possible cyber threats are not safe for kids.
- However, if your teens are already using the app you should spend an evening just to flip a few stories of the app.
- Story titles will tell you what it is all about( Remember Horror, sex, drug, and violence category).
How To Safeguard Kids With Parental Control?
Undoubtedly, the concept of the Hooked app is very engaging but parents should safeguard their kids from such a dubious app. Bit Guardian Parental Control is a brilliant kids safety app that offers the total safety of kids.
Screen Time Control Features
- Screen time control features of this app put an end to addictive apps and platforms. App time limit, Time Schedule, and Kiosk Mode limit kids’ screen time.
- App Block and App Install Block help parents to block any suspicious apps like this.
- There are many more safety features that make Bit Guardian one of the best parental control apps.
Hooked chat stories are as addictive as it sounds. Download the kids safety app to protect your kid’s virtual life.