What are the things that you and your children miss the most during this COVID-19 pandemic? Shopping? Weekend outings? Restaurants? Well, the list can go long but children surely miss their schools. They might miss their friends and other school events during the long monotonous lockdown days.
And that’s why parenting during the coronavirus outbreak becomes challenging. However, every difficulty is an opportunity in disguise. Parents and children have plenty of time together while they are home locked. It can be a life-altering time for kids if you start educating them a few essential life skills.
Let’s dig deep and explore a few parenting tips that can transform this vulnerable time into life-changing lessons for kids.
The COVID-19 Pandemic Educates The Importance Of Human Values
It is imperative to make kids understand the importance of human values during this lockdown. Values like compassion, optimism, patience, empathy, etc are ingredients of creating a good humanistic life.
Kids may always find these quintessential values in textbooks but during these tough times when they see healthcare professionals adapting those values in real life, they can exactly understand its relevance.
- To make kids understand it more clearly parents can plan their exposure to fact-based news and a few videos that highlight good deeds.
Educate The Importance Of Real-Life Values In Lockdown
We are raising a smartphone generation that is full time busy on various devices. Especially teens stay glued to social media platforms. While parents are at home with kids they can make them understand the value of real-life.
Virtual lives are not only addictive but also risky. Prolonged device usage may invite digital dangers. Educate your kids, the worth of real-life engagements.
- Parenting tips on how to make life more active and fulfilling may really help teens.
- If necessary, you can also use the Bit Guardian Parental Control app to restrict a kid’s virtual life. It ensures safe digital navigation with effective features.
Teach A Few Tools Beyond Academics During Isolation
With school closures, kids do not have a strict academic schedule. This isolation is a suitable chance to exemplify a few tools that are vital for a fulfilling life that are beyond academics.
You should take efforts to educate both heart and mind level street smart skills.
- Children should be encouraged to share age-appropriate household chores. This will make them learn a sense of independence and responsibility.
- Furthermore, to train a kid’s mind, parents can make a productive quarantine schedule. This keeps his mind occupied with various games, puzzles and brainstorming activities.
Enroll Kids To A Few Online Classes To Enhance Life Skills
During this COVID-19 pandemic, many online platforms have started offering a variety of courses and live classes that can enhance kids’ life skills.
- Many hobby classes, personality development courses, and online courses for learning foreign languages may benefit the child in his future growth.
- Teens may opt for some online spiritual sessions and cognitive behavioral skills. It will not only uplift the teen’s life energies but also help curtail his weaknesses.
Communication And Critical Thinking: Requisite Life Support Skill
While following social distancing we are no more in touch with people directly. But once the situation gets normalized we will start socializing.
Communication is the primary life skill that forms the base of any relationship. Improve your communication with your child and be his role model.
- The best parental advice is to educate children on basic communication skills.
- Also, try to sharpen a kid’s critical thinking abilities in these lazy days. It will help him see the other side of the coin. This paradigm shift will inject essential life skills in him.
Teach Your Kids Self Discipline: The Best Parenting Tip
How to teach your children the best life skills? Well, just make them self disciplined and self-motivated, the rest of the skills will improve eventually.
During this lockdown phase, make your kids well-disciplined and well-organized. The best parenting tip to support this can be trying out the authoritative parenting style.
Such parents educate age-appropriate disciplinary measures and make kids self-motivated. Life is full of challenges and struggles. Self-motivation not only keeps us positive but also heals the harsh wounds of life.
- Explain the value of these qualities and discuss them with your kids.
- Discipline your kids by making them follow a fixed routine.
- Train your kids to see the positive aspect of everything and stay motivated.
Kids are full of energy, enthusiasm, and curiosity. Parents should ensure this vigor gets channelized properly even during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Make them learn something much more meaningful and support their holistic growth.